Search This Blog

Friday, October 30, 2009

I stripped to pay off debts: Danii Minogue




Australian singer Dannii Minogue, who is judge on the reality show 'X Factor', says her inability to pay off her debts forced her to pose naked for adult magazine Playboy.The singer, who is the sibling of Kylie Minogue, apparently owed over $240,000 and couldn't even afford her rent after she split from husband Julian McMahon in 1995. So, she decided to go against her parents' wish and bared all for the Australian edition of the men's magazine

'My parents didn't want me to do it. My dad was saying, 'Doing this is forever - you can never, ever change it'. Kylie knew why I was doing it. I could have asked her for the money, but it wasn't in my nature. I never wanted to admit the trouble I was in. I should have been looking at my finances,' Danii was quoted as saying.

The 38-year-old says she doesn't regret having done the photoshoot.

She added: 'I don't regret it, but I feel relieved that people know why I did it - it's a huge weight off my shoulders. It was actually fun and I did feel liberated. I looked at the pictures and thought, 'I look all right'.'

No comments:

Post a Comment